October 9, 2013

Icebreakers


Photo by Sun Kang

Every time I go to the grocery store, I buy this cute mint case. It not only tastes great, but has a great design. Icebreakers DUO is a sugar-free mint product that is part of the Hershey’s brand. Plastic is used as a material, because it’s inexpensive, lightweight, and easy to recycle.

I’ve always been wondering why “to share” flap has a small opening. Why not larger opening? Originally, the “to share” flap on the top used to have a larger opening, while the “not to share” on the bottom had a smaller opening. However, for hygienic purpose, the labels for the flaps have been switched reversely. However, I often get confused when opening a flap because both labels contain the same word “to share”. I think it would be a good idea to rename the label, for example, “me” or “myself” instead of “not to share” and “me+you” or “us” instead of “to share”.

Except the flap label, I haven’t found any design problem yet. The cover design was successfully designed by two primary colors, red and light blue, which look harmonious. The company might have chosen woman as a target audience because the color of the design is considered as a feminine color. 

No comments:

Post a Comment