October 15, 2013

Mini Fan

Photo by Sun Kang

















Today, I want to talk about this mini adjustable fan. I’ve purchased it from Walmart a few years ago, and it still works very well. This is a simple plugin-based 4-metal blade fan that is about the size of CD-ROM, and it’s ideal for using on a table or desk.  The head of the fan tilts 180 degrees, so it allows you to focus the airflow almost at any angle. It’s hardly noticeable on the picture above, but there is an anti-skid rubber pad on each side of the leg which keeps the fan in place.

I like the size of the fan when compared to the ordinary large fan I used to have. However, some area needs improvement. First, USB cord can be added to the fan. You can plug the cord into the computer and you won’t have to worry about finding an outlet. Second, more control options can be added, for instance, a “high” and a “Low” button, so you can control the intensity of airflow however you want. Lastly, plastic can be substituted for metal, so it will reduce the weight of the fan.

This item might have been discontinued, because it's already outdated and new things are continually coming out. People always love to try new things. I want to ask myself, are new things always better?

No comments:

Post a Comment